Let’s go party for Jesus on the streets of Colchester and invite people to encounter the love of God. Friday 19th – Sunday 21st July we will be joining a team from Kingsland Church in the town centre on mission. It couldn’t be simpler. We pray, prepare and then go out to move, dance, drum and worship on the streets. People can’t help but stop and look, enjoy the atmosphere and begin a journey of encounter.
To prepare for the weekend we have some training planned at Kingsland Church, please plan to join us:
- Friday 5th July, 7.30pm – training for dancers
- Tuesday 9th July, 8pm – worship jam evening with prayer focused on the mission weekend
- Friday 12th July, 7.30pm – training session for the whole team
Then ready to go we’re heading off on the mission weekend, here’s the plan:
Friday 19th July:
- 10.30am – team gathering & preparation at Kingsland Church
- 1pm – depart for Culver Square to set up (outside H&M / Debenhams)
- 2-4.30pm – mission in Culver Square
- 6.30pm – optional BBQ for mission team in West Bergholt
Saturday 20th July:
- 10am – set up in Lion Walk Square (opposite River Island / Boots)
- 11am – 4pm – mission in Lion Walk Square
- 7pm – optional fish & chips at Mersea Island for mission team
Sunday 21st July:
- 9.15am & 11am – morning services at Kingsland Church, dancers & drummers participating.
Please do let me know if you can join us for any of these sessions by signing up on the Google Spreasheet or email me if you cannot get on to the spreadsheet. Thank you.
Please note all the training sessions and preparation will be at Kingsland Church, 86 London Road, Colchester CO3 9DW (above Aldi).